Macintosh LC III+
The Apple Macintosh LC III+ was the same computer as the Macintosh III but with an upgraded Motorola 68030 CPU that clocked in at 33MHz.
Three performa models were introduced to replace the Performa 450:
- Performa 460: 4MByte RAM, 80MByte Hard drive
- Performa 466: 4MByte RAM, 160MByte Hard drive
- Performa 467: 4MByte RAM, 160MByte Hard drive
Is it a Quadra? An LC? A Performa?
In 1993 Apple made the decision to rename their Macintosh computers. They introduced three different product names, based on the target audiences. The result of this is that many Macintosh machines are exact duplicates of each other, but just with a different brand name.
- Quadra line - Business Customers, sold only through Apple resellers.
- LC line - Education market, sold primarily to schools.
- Performa - Home consumers, sold in department and electronics stores.