Macintosh Quadra 650
Apple made choosing a Macintosh not easy, the different branding of models between Education, Business and home consumers made things confusing, and to add to that, the Macintosh Quadra 650 (Originally the Centris 650) was sold in five configurations:
- 68LC040 @25MHz, 4MB RAM, 512K VRAM, 80MB HDD, no Ethernet
- 68040 @25MHz, 8MB RAM, 512K VRAM, 80MB HDD
- 68040 @25MHz, 8MB RAM, 512K VRAM, 230MB HDD
- 68040 @25MHz, 8MB RAM, 512K VRAM, 230MB HDD, Apple CD-ROM
- 68040 @25MHz, 24MB RAM, 512K VRAM, 500MB HDD
Is it a Quadra? An LC? A Performa?
In 1993 Apple made the decision to rename their Macintosh computers. They introduced three different product names, based on the target audiences. The result of this is that many Macintosh machines are exact duplicates of each other, but just with a different brand name.
- Quadra line - Business Customers, sold only through Apple resellers.
- LC line - Education market, sold primarily to schools.
- Performa - Home consumers, sold in department and electronics stores.